Thursday, April 5, 2018

Great Junk Hunt in Monroe, WA

I went to The Great Junk Hunt in Monroe, WA and it did not disappoint. The event was in a large barn in early November and will return again to the same location on November 2-3, 2018.

I loved seeing the mix of antique and flea market finds, along with a jumble of sentimental toys, fabrics and ironwork from days gone by.
This beautiful set of cutlery reminded me of the time I take to line my cigar box purses with small scale fabric prints. It looks darling, doesn't it? I have never seen a formal silverware box lined with a cotton print before, have you?
This is my favorite display from the show. Aren't the red plaids fabulous? This is a Country Living magazine come to life: It looks cozy and All-American.
I was happy to see vendor Butch's Baskets making a statement at this show. I know that the secret to a great display is incorporating live plants. I would have bought the 2 window boxes planted with 3 cypress in a minute if I had a porch and I still regret leaving the orange watering can behind. J'adore!
Another fun thing about shows like this is that they appeal to like-minded people! I ran into a friend I made at Camp Thundercraft on Vashon Island. Hi Karla!

#thegreatjunkhunt #monroewa #shabbychic #upcycling #thrifiting #antiques

No comments: