Monday, December 17, 2007

The Decoration of Houses

Can you stand it? A tiny Christmas tree bedecked with boxes of laundry detergent and bottles of bleach! 

I wanted my laundry room to be as sweet & festive as the rest of the house, so I turned dollhouse treasures into a holiday vignette. 

A string for a clothesline and miniature clothespins to keep it secure. The ironing board (and notice that the iron is hot glued to the tree!) are from my childhood dollhouse.  You can print, fold and glue your own miniature laundry detergent boxes here.

I made the set of sheets by folding 2 squares of fabric (and 2 smaller ones as pillowcases!) and tacked them together with thread so that they would stack easily.  My tip is to show the folded edges; it makes the sheets look realistic. 

My laundry tree was mentioned in the Somerset Collection's "Sweet Memories" article, so I wanted you to be able to see it for yourself. Happy decorating...

No comments: