Friday, December 7, 2007

The Gingerbread Effect

I love preparing for the holidays. This is my first holiday season with a blog, so I will take you through the fun day-by-day. There are always so many things that I want to accomplish that I have come up with a very specific approach to get it all done. Visual, Edible, Giveable...in that order. Visual is first because I want to be able to enjoy the lights and sights for as long as possible. Christmas trees decorated, vintage village on display, and a fresh gingerbread house proclaiming "Welcome Home!" Today is the day to build my house. And I want you to know that buying a kit with pre-constructed walls is the way to go. I buy the "Create A Treat" kit for $10 at Costco. Or buy one online here. For years I have made, cut & baked my own walls and roof and there are so many variables that can "halt construction." If you use the lovely, smooth and solid walls from a kit (and the perfect royal white icing that is included), then you can put your heart & soul into the decorating. Need more inspiration? Watch Gingerbread Challenge on the Food Network!

No comments: