Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring is like the Circus

Every year I say, "Spring is like the Circus. It only comes once a year and you don't want to miss it!"
I want to show you my favorite tree. It is part Bradford Pear and part Weeping Cherry and I purposely drive by every day in the Springtime. The trunks were grafted together long ago and I am sure that it was expected to be a sweet little ornamental tree by the front walk. But look! Over the past 30+ years, it has grown into a magnificent full-size tree that has billowy white blooms on top and draping pink blooms below. You can only see it blooming for about 10 days each Spring. I took the Garden Club girls here on a "field trip" last year. We simply rolled down the car windows and applauded.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne. I can't believe you posted this. I LOVE weeping trees, especially weeping cherries. We planted one about four years ago. Another one of my favorites is the pear tree. To see one tree with the attributes of both was truly amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Anne Reeves said...

I had to show you! Mother Nature is amazing!