Thursday, December 1, 2011

Advent Calendars

Today is the day!  It is December 1st and it's time to open Door #1 on your advent calendar.  

As an "Architect of Delight," I believe in looking for beauty in everyday moments.  Anticipation is a big part of enjoying a wonderful life...not only do you enjoy what you are looking forward to when it happens, you also savor the planning and preparation involved in getting there.

Advent calendars are a perfect example of this.  They give you a little lift every day, inspiring you to enjoy all the days leading up to the glorious celebration of Christmas.

Do you have an advent calendar?  I saw some cute ones at a local bookstore last night.  If you are willing to miss the first few days of "window opening," I encourage you to look at the beautiful selection available online at Blumchen.  

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I cannot find my advent calendar :(. I am on the look out for one and hope to find a vintage one.