Monday, December 19, 2011

Vintage Christmas Cards

One of my favorite things to scout for at flea markets and antique shows are vintage Christmas cards.  Remember when I made small pillows out of the image from this card?  It became the perfect hostess gift for me to bring to holidays parties.  When my friends look at a sea of wine bottles and candy tins left behind at their party, I want them to see a gift that was made especially for them.  It's the little things, right?

This card has three pages that fold to create a 3-dimensional view of "dashing through the snow in a one horse open sleigh."  Don't you love it?  It is signed "Earl, Pearl and family, 1952" and has the music score to Jingle Bells printed on the back, in case the whole scene inspires you to burst into song.

The digital world is fine and bulk photo cards depicting the family is nice, but my heart loves a card that sums up the excitement of coming home for the holidays.

1 comment:

Ulf Claesson said...

Absolutely wonderful! I'd pay quite a handsome sum for a bunch of these fold-up cards.