Friday, December 23, 2011

Vintage Shiny Brite Tree

After a year of collecting, my (primarily) "Shiny Brite" Christmas tree is ready for display!  I love these classic American ornaments from the 40's and 50's and have had fun scouring flea markets and antique stores for just the right mix.  I've loaded the branches with as many ornaments as I could and I just love it.

These ornaments are the small and delicate, each is about the size of a small plum.  I love how the bright colors, stripes and shapes catch the light and give the tree depth.  I made a raspberry pique tree skirt with a pom-pom edge and it highlights the pink in the tree perfectly. 

My little vintage tree turned out exactly as I hoped it would - the perfect way to showcase my collection.  Now imagine Bing Crosby singing, "White Christmas" and it will be like you're right here with me.

Merry Christmas!  

No comments: