Tuesday, August 28, 2012

David Austin English Rose "Abraham Darby"

"Good Morning, Abraham!"  

Yes, I'll admit it, I talk to my roses.  On a quiet morning, standing on the patio with a hot cup of coffee, I am quite the chatterbox. In the mornings, there is no where I'd rather be than on my patio checking on my roses and imagining bouquets with the flowers that are in bloom.  I definitely use my rose garden as a cutting garden and I cut flowers for arrangements every day, if I didn't cut the flowers they would fade really quickly in the Summer heat.

Would you believe that the roses actually last longer as cut flowers in the house?  But on mornings like this, when Abraham Darby is showing off, I just have to let you see them in their natural habitat. Ha!

Do you remember when I met the David Austins in England?  I think of that special day all the time. 

No comments: