Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Stroopwafel Savior

It is too good to be true.  I have been gifted a box of boxes of Stroopwafels!  That's right, a box of boxes and I am over the moon.
Last Summer I was introduced to this magical caramel waffle cookie when my husband's friend, Greg came to visit and bought us a tin as he passed through Amsterdam.  You can re-read my post about his visit here.

In my enthusiastic, sugar-loving way, I proclaimed in my blog that from now on, anyone passing through Amsterdam has to get me some Stroopwafels.  You have knocked me over with a feather when I received a box in the mail from Greg and found that it contained enough Gouda's Guile Stroopwafels to last me all year! 

I was eating one as I started to write this post and it has disappeared in a flash.  Yum yum yum.  You can see a cookie above warming over a cup of tea.  The heat from the tea makes the cinnamon caramel chewy and fabulous.

Bless you, Greg, for your extraordinary gesture of fun and kindness.  You certainly understand "delight."

No comments: