Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Isaac Mizrahi Designs Yarn for Michaels

A triumph of color and texture, I am very pleased with Isaac Mizrahi's new collection of yarn (particularly this style called Sutton in York) at Michaels. It has a wonderful thick hand and a welcome close-to-the-face feel.

14" of snow fell in Michigan last night and I am arriving home just in time to put this beauty to good use.  I knit 2 strands on the needle at once (treating them as if they were one yarn) and did a variation of classic knit stitch with a twisted drop stitch every few rows to give the yarn some space to show off. 

By knitting with 2 strands at once (keep 2 different yarn balls at your side and draw from them at the same time), the yarn is naturally at a difference place in the dye pattern and you will find yourself knitting with two complimentary shades at once. It really adds interest to your project without adding ANY difficulty.  Try it and let me know what you think.

I thought it was really funny that when I looked at my knitting on the table, I noticed that the cover of the new David Austin English Rose catalog has the exact same colors on it. My scarf matches roses/leaves/grass/brick. Ha!

If you are looking for a cozy new project, you must try Isaac's yarn, darling.

No comments: