Monday, October 2, 2017

Seattle Refined: Refined Reads Nancy Pearl's New Book

I had the honor of spending time with author and America's Librarian, Nancy Pearl last week in Seattle. I am a new member of an on-air book club hosted by local television program, Seattle Refined. I have chimed in during two episodes so far and I look forward to many more. 

Nancy Pearl is a gem. She was chosen Librarian of the Year in 2011 and is the person America and NPR turns to when they are looking for a great new read. 

I am still new to Seattle and have been asking people if they knew about/participated in Seattle Reads. A genius concept where the library chooses a book and an entire city is encouraged to read it at the same time. So cool! You know you thought of it and implemented this ground breaking idea? 

Yep, Nancy Pearl.

When it comes to all things reading, she is the king's pajamas. 

Nancy is currently on a book tour for her first book of fiction, George and Lizzie. I found her character-driven fiction to be very realistic and I joked that I wanted to drive to Ann Arbor (where the story is set) to straighten a few people out. I think that is the hallmark of good writing, when you get angry with the characters. Check out Nancy Pearl and all of her books at www.nancypearl.com

No comments: