Friday, July 17, 2020

My Basket Purse with Madras Plaid Patchwork Lining

 
All dressed up and no where to go! My creative juices are flowing and the fact that we can't really go out to eat or do anything doesn't seem to matter. I came up with a way to enhance this purse and I had to try it.

It was my first attempt at a drawstring closure (I used this great striped ribbon) and it worked out really well. I attached the edges of the madras plaid patchwork fabric to the top of the basket with FabricTac and I was on my way.

I love it! What do you think? I carried it to the car one day and my neighbor saw it and ordered one on the spot. I had to break it to her that I wasn't going to sell these, but I was really pleased that she instantly loved it. If you want to see what I can do, I do have my one-of-a-kind cigar box purses and Delight magazine bags available on Etsy

#makersgottamake #summerpurse #preppystyle #madrasplaid #summerstyle #basketpurse #basket #sewing #crafter #quarantine2020 

No comments: