Sunday, October 7, 2007

Football & The Movies












Once when I was staying at the Vintners Inn in Sonoma County, California, I confessed to the concierge that I was ready to go home. We had been traveling through California for about 10 days and although it was lovely...it was also "Fall" at home in Michigan. I told her about tailgating before football games in snug coats & plaid scarves. That the leaves on campus change to yellows and oranges and reds. That there was nothing better than going to a MSU football game on a day with bright blue skies and a chill in the air. She looked at me and said "It's just like the movies." Yes, life is good here in Michigan and although it was an unseasonable 88 degrees yesterday, there I was, starring in my own movie yet again. Thank you, Spartans.

No comments: