Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Charm Bracelets: A Girl Can Dream

I have long believed that charm bracelets, particularly ones that marked occasions in your life, were the coolest things ever.  They encourage spontaneous storytelling and each charm can be as lighthearted or as meaningful as you like.  The charms could be a collection in themselves.  

The only problem I see with the whole jewelry category is that they are too darn expensive.  I don't think they should be the jewelry of the elite ($200 per charm) so a bracelet is valued in the thousands nor do I think it should break the bank to buy a whisk charm for your friend the cook.  Are you with me? 

The reasonable charms are few and far between and they are either designed for children or are unbearably 1-sided and uninspired. 

I am not in a position to fix this jewelry challenge, but I thought that I should make my position known.  I drew the charm bracelet above with a theme of "celebrating hobbies" - wouldn't it be fun to have that bit of whimsy jingling on your arm?  

No comments: