Wednesday, October 7, 2015

World Record: Most People Participating in a Paint-By-Numbers Project

We did it! 2,852 people painted a fish at the Issaquah, Washington Salmon Days festival and by doing so, set the new Guinness Book record for people participating in a Paint-by-Number project. 

I believe the town is still waiting for the of(fish)al declaration by Guinness, but the Issaquah Press has made the announcement.
A few of the 2,852 artists at work.
You can see a portion of the "Great Migration" masterpiece, above. My work was in blue. Ha! If you ever get a chance to have a little fun and set a world record, do it! My new friend and I had a great time chatting in line and being a part of the master plan for the festival.

Eating Festival Food: check
Shopping for Arts and Crafts: check
Enjoying the Fall Weather while Walking the Streets of Issaquah: check
Setting a World Record: check

I declare the 2015 Salmon Days in FISH-aquah, Washington to be a success!

No comments: