Wednesday, January 31, 2024

AeroGarden Cherry Tomatoes: Mighty Mini Indeed

After 28 days...

After 53 days...
This feels like I'm on the way to a great "How it started" vs "How's it going" Instagram story, I just need to let the tomatoes ripen and the photo will be amazing. These are 6 Mighty Mini Cherry Tomatoes growing hydroponically in my Aerogarden Bounty Basic. I put the pre-planted pods into the water-filled machine. Add fertilizer, set the date, time and tell it Tomatoes and Voila! I have a beautiful indoor garden developing.

The machine sends messages to me in a "crawl" on the screen. The most exciting one was that it was probably time for me to be the "Bee" and help the plants blooms get fertilized! I could use my finger or a paint brush to dust between the blossoms and spread the pollen, or it offered that I could shake the branches, but that felt like it risked snapping off tender shoots. I used a paint brush and hummed as I fertilized. It definitely worked because my plants are loaded with tomatoes.

The crawl banner says that the plants will set the fruit and then take a long time to ripen. I will update you when I harvest, I promise.
 

No comments: