Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pretty Powder Room

I am loving my first floor powder room and I wanted to show it to you.

Now when you see an unfinished wood tissue box at the craft store and read that you can "decorate your own," it sounds awful, right? I imagine rubber ducky decals and foam stickers - trust me, the world does not need another marginal craft project.

But, no, look. It can be as simple as covering it with scrapbook paper. I used 2 sheets of "crackled wood" paper, some Sobo glue and a X-acto knife. The whole project took less than 10 minutes and I think it is perfect. I would never be able to find a Kleenex box (or cover for that matter) that would "go" in my powder room. Now I have exactly what I need. Love it!

4 comments:

The Bloom Girls said...

Hi Anne,

The tissue box is fabulous and what a great idea to cover one with scrapbook paper.

Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I am so impressed that you remembered me.

I hope your book signing goes well. Beeker's looks like it would be my cup of tea!

Nola
The Bloom Girls

MmeBenaut said...

I love your box cover and the little bird's nest and the fabulous spotty wallpaper of course!

Anne Reeves said...

Thank you!

LillyB said...

So pretty! Great job!