Thursday, April 15, 2010

Artichoke Cheesecake

Tonight is Euchre Night, and I am making one of my favorite appetizers...
Artichoke Cheesecake!

It sounds unusual, even complicated, but I promise you it is simple and delicious!

Years ago, I gave this recipe to a friend. She made it for a big family party and afterwards, her Aunt (who was in town from England) came up to her and told her to tell me not to share it! She said that every woman needs some secret recipes up her sleeve that this should be mine! Isn't that cute? But I am sharing none the less. You just have to promise to tell me how much your family & friends loved it, okay?

Artichoke Cheesecake

3 (8 oz) packages 1/3 Less Fat "Neufchâtel" cream cheese

5 oz crumbled feta cheese (save a sprinkle for the garnish)

1/2 t. dried oregano

3 eggs

6 oz jar marinated artichokes (drained & chopped, please reserve liquid)

3 sliced scallions (green & white part) - save some for garnish

Some fresh tomatoes (Roma -sliced small or cherry/grape - halved), 1 small can black olive slices, more scallions, fresh basil.

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, feta, oregano and garlic powder. Add eggs, chopped artichokes, scallions and 2 Tablespoons of reserved artichoke marinade. Pour in glass pie plate and bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool and then refrigerate a few hours to let flavors meld. Before serving, garnish with chopped/halved tomato, black olives, more scallions and shredded fresh basil leaves. Serve at room temperature with a knife and plate of crackers.

2 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

I do like the sound of this Anne; they are flavours that I regularly use in cooking so I just know how much this dish would be appreciated here. It looks spectacular too!

Kimmers said...

Anything with a pound and a half of cream cheese has GOT to be heavenly! ;-)