Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten) in London

Tah-dah!   The shops and spots from Ina's trip to London are listed here.  The "Barefoot in London" episode of Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa television special has created a lot of interest for foodies around the world.  If you have been searching for a list of places she visited, you can find it here.  Enjoy!


  • La Fromagerie - bacon sandwiches



  • William Curley Chocolatier - chocolate lollipops with fruit and nuts



  • Ottolenghi - a Middle Eastern specialty food shop - cheese straws and sliced potatoes)



  • Harwood Arms gastro pub - Ploughman's Lunch (lincolnshire poacher cheese, keens cheddar, pork pie, potato bread, walnut bread, fresh radish, celery, carrots, apple, 7 min eggs, apple chutney and piccalilli relish)



  • Borough Market was toured by Tom Parker Bowles


  • William Yeoward - placemats, glassware, holiday tablescapes


  • I blogged about my visit to La Fromagerie here.  And you can read about additional locations I loved in England by clicking the "London" (and "England") links in my City Series section in the blog sidebar.  

    I am an author, blogger and candy-lover that writes about things that bring people delight - explore my other 1,600 original blog posts and find delight. 

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Thank you so much for posting these details as I can now discover these wonderful places. I can't believe they're on my doorstep.

    Anne Reeves said...

    You are welcome! Enjoy! I want you to tell me which ones you visit and like, ok?

    Anonymous said...

    Anne - I was told BC visted an elevated restaurant in this episode, maybe called Flying London. Do you know anything about this? I missed seeing the episode and can't find any video of it.

    Thanks!

    Anne Reeves said...

    Hi Angela. I think you mean the "London Eye." It is a giant ferris wheel with indoor glass pods where people can view the city. Look in the blog sidebar to see the City Series, choose "London" and you can see my pics from the London Eye. or Google "Anne Reeves, London Eye". It is not a restaurant. I believe she rented out an entire pod to broadcast the view from there and brought snacks. Normally about 20 people per pod can mingle and view the city. Hope this helps! Anne