I was so happy to see that Ina Garten visited La Fromagerie when she was taping her holiday special in London. I wrote all about my lunch at this spectacular cheese shop (full of epicurean delights!) after my visit in June - you can read my post about it here.
Before I go on, I want to list the shops that Ina Garten visited in London:
- La Fromagerie - bacon sandwiches
- William Curley Chocolatier - chocolate lollipops with fruit and nuts
- Ottolenghi - a Middle Eastern specialty food shop - cheese straws and sliced potatoes (thank you reader for telling me!)
- Harwood Arms gastro pub - Ploughman's Lunch (lincolnshire poacher cheese, keens cheddar, pork pie, potato bread, walnut bread, fresh radish, celery, carrots, apple, 7 min eggs, apple chutney and piccalilli relish)
- Borough Market was toured by Tom Parker Bowles
- Hebridean Smokehouse (scallops, salmon)
- The Flour Station (Chelsea Buns)
- (Piccadilly Chili - need name of food stand)
- Brindisa Spanish Tapas - chorizo, ham loin, salami and sherry
- William Yeoward - placemats, glassware, holiday tablescapes
Now back to La Fromagerie! Although I couldn't bring back cheese in my suitcase, I was smart enough to buy a La Fromagerie tote in black and cream. The version I bought has the cows (that produce milk for the cheeses they sell) marching across the bag with dignity. I love the design and whenever I am on-the-go, it is by my side filled it with magazines, knitting and snacks.
So far it has been impossible to watch "Barefoot in London" on the Food Network. I am hoping that they re-play this fun episode full of the London food scene. You can read the recipes Ina derived from her visit here.
*Watch a video interview with La Fromagerie's Patricia Michelson and have a quick tour of the shop and a peek at all of her luscious cheese! Her segment begins (in English) on minute 4:17 - Press play, then move the bar to advance the footage.