Monday, January 3, 2011

Barefoot Contessa in London

I was so happy to see that Ina Garten visited La Fromagerie when she was taping her holiday special in London.  I wrote all about my lunch at this spectacular cheese shop (full of epicurean delights!) after my visit in June - you can read my post about it here
Before I go on, I want to list the shops that Ina Garten visited in London:
Now back to La Fromagerie!  Although I couldn't bring back cheese in my suitcase, I was smart enough to buy a La Fromagerie tote in black and cream.  The version I bought has the cows (that produce milk for the cheeses they sell) marching across the bag with dignity.  I love the design and whenever I am on-the-go, it is by my side filled it with magazines, knitting and snacks.

So far it has been impossible to watch "Barefoot in London" on the Food Network.  I am hoping that they re-play this fun episode full of the London food scene.  You can read the recipes Ina derived from her visit here

*Watch a video interview with La Fromagerie's Patricia Michelson and have a quick tour of the shop and a peek at all of her luscious cheese!  Her segment begins (in English) on minute 4:17 - Press play, then move the bar to advance the footage.   

13 comments:

LillyB said...

I enjoy watching her show! Are you ready to go back to London?

Anne Reeves said...

I am so ready, Lilly! I have an ever growing list of things to see and photograph. I am gaining some blog followers in England too, which is fun!

Melissa said...

We get food network UK here so we caught Barefoot in London along with many other Barefoot Contessa episodes. Kyra's a big fan

Anne Reeves said...

Oh Melissa, that's great! Tell Kyra she was an awesome sous chef this summer!

Elaine said...

It's a great interview with Patricia Michelson. It's so interesting how something so simple can inspire you and change your entire life. Thank you for posting it.

Anne Reeves said...

Of course, Elaine! I thought it was valuable to see the woman behind this popular British shop. Yes, every businesswoman remembers her "a-ha!" moment.

Sherry said...

Loved the show, too, Anne! I'm leaving this Friday for London (the first time) and want to go to that market she went to ... had a "farmer's lunch" there? Do you remember the name? Thanks, Sherry.

Anne Reeves said...

Oh Sherry! Good for you! #1 The famous food mkt you should wander is called Borough Market. #2 I don't know the name of the place she ate the lunch, but its called a "ploughman's lunch." #3 I'm totally jealous! #4 Try and visit Fortnum & Mason - buy jams, honey, something in their gorgeous packaging. #5 Click the word "London" in my blog on the right to see my favorite places! Have fun! Anne

Anonymous said...

Whats the name of the shop where she got the potatoes receipe and was given a cheese straw?

GUCCIBABE said...

@Anonymous

They are called Ottolenghi and have several shops throughout London

http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/

Anne Reeves said...

Thank you, Guccibabe! I searched forever trying to put a name to the place! Much appreciated! Happy Holidays!

Mary-Ellen said...

Hi, l really like your blog, came across it after searching for the name of the deli Ina visited in Barefoot in London (repeat was on tv here in the UK today).
Thanks for all the useful information.

Mary-Ellen, Scotland

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks, Mary-Ellen! Welcome to Moments of Delight - thanks for reading, AND writing!