Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dean and Deluca

Someone buy me a cake!  Wouldn't this dessert be the star of any party?  I think the hand-piped Dogwood blossoms are charming. 

I just realized that this cake represents what is normally my holiday mantra of "Visual. Edible Givable."  That is the order in which I prepare for any big holiday.  I handle all of the visual elements in the house first (decorating, a change of accessories, plants).  Then I do the baking and candy-making, so that I have something sweet on hand to offer my friends and family.  Then I focus on the gifts - whether I am able to make something or find the perfect gift out in the world.

Anyhoo, I think it is neat that this cake is all three things: visual, edible, givable.  Want one for yourself?  I photographed this beauty at the Dean & Deluca in Georgetown.  I am sure that, with enough notice, any Dean & Deluca could create this masterpiece for you.  Love it! 

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I love the dogwood blossoms - reminds me of the South.

Anne Reeves said...

Me too! I have a lovely dogwood tree outside of my office window.