Thursday, November 29, 2012

Preparing for Advent By Candlelight

Tonight is Advent By Candlelight at my church and the preparations have begun!   Over 400 women will participate in this quiet evening that celebrates the beginning of advent. 

There will be a church service (a sanctuary filled with women singing!), followed by a chance to walk around and admire the different table decorations and then an hour or so for tea and dessert.  My mom and I are hosting a table this year and spent last night setting up our table with vintage ornaments, pastel place settings and lots of candlelight.  I will show you tomorrow - it looks beautiful! Remember our "Marshmallow Snowstorm" table that we designed a few years ago?

Today is filled with baking tonight's dessert (a chocolate cake with homemade butter cream frosting) and...driving my final draft of my book to the printer! The epitome of a modern woman's life - baking, business and blogging.    

No comments: