Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Turkey Cake Pan by Nordic Ware

This is just a friendly reminder to order your cornbread turkey pan by Nordic Ware now, so that you can get it in time for Thanksgiving.  The moment that I saw this pan debut on The Martha Show, I had to have it.  It works incredibly well with not quite 2 pouches of Marie Callender's Corn Bread Mix.  Once it is baked, you level off each side of the turkey with a large bread knife and frost the two sides together so he'll stand and be 3-D.  I use a few toothpicks inserted on an angle to stabilize the seam and then I prop my turkey in a pie plate full of whole cranberries to help him stand up. 

I have also used one side of the mold to make a molded cranberry relish.  I served it on a bed of ruffled green leaf lettuce.  This was a pretty and festive dish to display on a large holiday buffet.

Come on, you know you want one.

No comments: