Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Chocolate Dipped Apricots

On the coldest of winter days in Michigan (-8 degrees, without wind chill, this morning!), we often find ourselves planning an escape to a warmer climate.  I walked through the family room this morning and noticed how the aqua blue in this map matched my turquoise throw on the couch.  I knew this would be a pretty vignette to showcase the sweet treat I made yesterday - chocolate-dipped apricots.

Eating a varied diet and fueling ourselves with nutrient rich food is important to me. I think eating a dried apricot or two a day can only make us all healthier. And you know how I feel about chocolate.

I have wanted to explore making chocolate-dipped fruits for a while now and having put it off, I feel quite dumb now that I know how easy it is.  

I mixed equal parts (about a 1/4 cup each) of milk chocolate chips and semisweet chocolate chips in a glass bowl. I microwaved the chocolate in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring in between sessions.  When the chocolate was smooth and blended, I dipped (and spread with a spoon) each dried Mariani Apricot.  Then I placed each chocolate-dipped apricot on a wax paper covered plate and set it in the refrigerator.  3 ingredients (all available at Target), a microwave and a refrigerator are all you need to make this sweet treat.

If you are having friends over for Book Club or Cards, make them a plate of Chocolate-dipped Apricots for a healthy and delicious treat on a cold winter day.

No comments: