Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pantone 2014 Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid

I can't let us get too far into January without highlighting Pantone's 2014 Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid.  I love the rich violet-pink shade and thought it was fitting that the orchid I bought last November has a big splotch of "radiant orchid" on every bloom.  

I can show you the color, "Radiant Orchid" on my plant, a radiant orchid.  Get it?!
I love having an orchid blooming in my house in the winter.  They add a bit of drama and only require 3 ice cubes a week, in terms of care and water. Orchids are generally about $29 a plant (try and choose one with 2 main stems and many blossom buds along the tip of the stem - avoid any plant with yellowish-green buds, they have been through some type of trauma and are about to fall off before blooming.).  I mention all of this so that you can be on the lookout for an orchid for yourself or to give as a gift.  

I bought this magnificent plant for $5 at Home Depot the big shopping weekend after Thanksgiving.  They had at least 50 perfect orchids for sale - always keep your eye out.  An orchid is a wonderful addition to any room.

Remember when I visited the American Orchid Society in Delray Beach, Florida? 

No comments: