Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Seattle: Starbucks Roastery and Tasting Room, a new Coffee Destination

Starbucks is elevating the coffee lovers experience yet again. This time it is honoring the process that makes what we love so much. The brand new Starbucks Roastery and Tasting Room on Pike Street in Seattle is a sight to behold. Giant copper vats. Pneumatic tube transport. A library of reading material dedicated to coffee. Oh, and you can have a cup of coffee too. (wink)
I was astounded by the whole concept. Coffee tourism, indeed. There is no doubt that everyone wants a latte from original Starbucks location across from Pike Place Market - the line is always endless! Remember when I had my sentimental coffee

I'm sure it was that enthusiasm that prompted Starbucks to create a real coffee destination.
The coffee bar is beautiful and offers far more exotic offerings than your local haunt. Iced Sparkling Espresso with Mint, perhaps? A Citrus Lavender Sage Herbal Infusion? Do you have time to enjoy a Brew Comparison Flight of coffee? 
I swear I'm coming back for 2 hours so that I can taste everything I want to. I just realized that Dan would probably really enjoy the 200 title coffee library, so he could camp out there while I'm upstairs in coffee heaven.  

This location offers special items for purchase that are logoed with the Starbucks Roastery brand - I bought had fun buying gifts for Starbucks loving friends. 

Some may think coffee as a destination is ridiculous, but I think it is wonderful. Do come visit!

No comments: