Thursday, January 30, 2020

Hygge at my House

I was at a meeting last night and as an ice breaker, we went around the table and said what we liked about Winter, or were looking forward to about Spring.

I said that after the layers of color, glitter and music of Christmas, I was enjoying the Danish concept of hygge at my house. The calming effect of candles, soft colors, warm drinks and cozy sweaters. I always write about the beauty of every day life. This moment in time (January) I dedicate to renewal with neutral colors and quiet moments. I think it is wonderful. 

I pronounced it wrong last night, BTW. Apparently it sounds more like "hoo-ga."

I have a green plant in cement pot. I am making sausage, potato & kale soup tonight. I love having a fire in the fireplace every evening. I put gray knit place mats from Hobby Lobby on my kitchen table. They are the definition of cozy.

On Instagram @FindDelight, you can see that I tried the mats with great print napkins (cute!) but style-wise, they have been delayed until the weather gets warmer. Too spring-y.
I am relaxing in all neutrals and I like it! 

Valentine's Day is coming and soon the cute will take over. 
#hygge #seattle #beautyofeverydaylife
     

No comments: