Sunday, February 19, 2023

My Mom & Seattle Northwest Flower and Garden Festival

It's taking me longer to write blog posts these days. In my mind they burst like firecrackers, but getting them past the keyboard seems to take longer these days.

So I want to stop and tell you that this year, for me, the best part about the Northwest Flower and Garden Show was that my mom could attend. She had a frightening fall last year at this time and I wasn't sure about anything. But here she is, happy and enjoying it all and I am amazed. And thankful.

Dan took the day off work to enjoy the show with us and help with with logistics and we had a really great day.


Can you see us in the mirror? This show garden by Hello Garden and we loved all of her sweet entertaining touches - silverware, plates and platters mixed around her display garden. It was darling. 

Hello Garden added grow lights to this vintage cabinet to create a gardener's dream set up. We could all take a page from her book and do this! Isn't it awesome?
Aren't the plantings beautiful? I must plant coral tulips and white crocus.
My mom insisted I zoom in and photograph just the coral primulas (photo above)

Anyhoo, 11 months ago I was scared to death, yet here we are walking among the flowers and buying seeds to plant this spring. This is the beauty of every day life.

#nwfgs #seattle #gardenshow #plantlovers #springvibesonly

2 comments:

Anchor Cottage said...

You look so much like your father! Tell your mother hello from me. Mary Ann, the next door neighbor on Good Harbor!

Anne Reeves said...

Yes I do! I will tell her you say hello, MaryAnn, thanks so much for the message! xo