Monday, March 27, 2023

Snoqualmie Falls and Huxdotter Coffee: I Insist

Whenever someone comes out to visit us, we make sure to take them to see Snoqualmie Falls. You can see the famous Salish Lodge & Spa on the left side of this photo. It is perched above the Falls and was the location of the fictious Great Northern Hotel in the hit television show Twin Peaks.  

Do you want to hear a coincidence I've never been able to explain? When I was in college, everyone had an answering machine with a tape on which you recorded an outgoing message, "Hello you've reached..."  I had never watched the show Twin Peaks, but I liked it's eerie opening music so I used that as my answering machine message. No message from me. Just the music. Very random. 30 years later I live in the town where it was filmed. It somehow feels like foreshadowing, doesn't it?

This is the view looking away from the Falls. When the conditions are right you can see a rainbow in the air! With luck, the sun has to be shining and there has to be enough water rushing over the falls to create a mist. I've caught it several times and it is magical - be on the lookout.

And then you'll need coffee. On most of my scenic drives in Snoqualmie Valley, I make up a reason to stop in North Bend for Huxdotter coffee. They offer fun and delicious drinks like the Twin Peaks latte (that is the famous Twin Peaks covered in snow - on Mt Si). I love to sit outside and see the Mountain looming large, though I only ever order a classic latte and it is perfect. 

These are the requisite stops when you have a 2 hours on a beautiful day. Lots more to see and wonderful places to shop, but you must see the Falls first.

#mtsi #huxdottercoffee #salishlodge #snoqualmiefalls #snovalleylife #pnw
 



 

No comments: