Thursday, March 14, 2024

Molten Works Glass Studio: Express Yourself in Color

I didn't know quite what to expect when I signed up with a few friends for an evening of glass fusing at Molten Works Glass Studio in Woodinville, WA.  I knew that I would be allowed to do whatever I wanted with color and that's all I really needed to know. It was so much fun and I definitely want to try it again, especially when all of these supplies are at our disposal.

The Junior League of Seattle often has social nights for the members to reconnect and enjoy each other's company. This Sip n Fuse night was a really neat way to gather members across the city on a work night to relax and create. They had live music with the blues duo Blue Healers and I absolutely loved their sound. Bravo.

Molten Works also has a small bar serving wine, beer, alcoholic seltzers and sparkling water spritzers. So perfect. 

I decided that I wanted to try a landscape, so I sketched a scene of stairs leading down to a favorite Lake Michigan beach from a photo on my phone. The ink burns off in the kiln, so I don't have to worry as I sketched my idea.

I hope it looks generally like this after it is fired; I really like it and I know exactly where it is. I also liked that the sand-like frit could be sprinkled between the worn boards of my stairs to look like sand. So cool!

It was all I could do not to start on another piece right then. I mean, I had so many Ideas when I saw this striated blue glass.

I highly recommend a Sip n Fuse night in Woodinville. It felt really wonderful to create and chat and make something permanently pretty. Delight can be trying something new.

#glassfusing #colorwheel #creatingart #finddelight @blue_healers
 

No comments: