Monday, March 18, 2024

Sweet Pea Planting

I love tucking Sweet Pea stems into my mixed bouquets. In my quest to become a home florist (not really), I must have access to more flowers! So here come the Sweet Peas...

I planted Blue Celeste, Cheri Amour, Spencer Ruffled, Garden Orchids, Fire & Ice, Spencer Ruffled and Perfume Delight (wink).  

Every little pot has seed starter mix in it and will be home to a few seedlings until they are ready to transplant. I know when you read about growing Sweet Peas they talk about huge trellis or a long length of staked netting. I want you to know that if you love Sweet Peas, you can grow just a few in a dedicated pot with a few tall sticks with a twine garland to grab. It's easy and so: easy, beautiful, rewarding, prolific, fragrant, fun. Please don't be put off by the grand instructions elsewhere. If you just want some blooms for yourself, this is all you have to do.

I am growing just a few of each variety and I'll transplant them into pots all over my property. Some will have a tuteur, most will grow up a 3-bamboo tripod in a pot on the deck and some will be in the full sun in front yard by the roses. 

It has been a damp and cold Spring here east of Seattle but that means Spring and I know these Sweet Peas seeds will like it outside and sprout in no time.
 
I can't wait for this!
#sweetpeas #containergarden #delightineverydaylife

No comments: