Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Milk Bar in Bellevue, WA


I am so happy I finally made it over to Christina Tosi's Milk Bar location attached to Nordstrom in Bellevue, Washington. 

I ordered her famous Cereal Milk soft serve with Corn Flake Crunch topping and I thought that it was delicious. It's an undeniably American creation that is both comforting and craveable. The corn flake crunch is a must - it adds so much flavor and texture. I loved it. In fact, I think I want it on most ice cream sundaes going forward.

I am such a fan of Christina Tosi. I love her approach to baking and the creation of sweets for American tastes. I have her original Momofuku Milk Bar cookbook and I think it is brilliant. She looks at sugar and desserts through a very interesting lens and her desserts definitely make sense. You can tell that she created them and believe that they'll be good, if that makes sense. I guess I'm saying that I like how she thinks and I admire how she invents new fun desserts from old classics. I can't wait to see what she does next.

There's a great feature on Christina Tosi on Netflix's Chef's Table Pastry

I also wanted to tell you that during the pandemic, I was also amazed to see her hosting free baking classes on Zoom every week. She decided that it would be fun to form a Bake Club to help everyone, included her, cope with the strange times. I joined every once in a while and I really enjoyed it. She posted the ingredients we'd need the night before. It was such a neat way to spend a weekday afternoon. 

So Christina Tosi, I'm a fan. And I'm grateful that you brought your deliciousness to the Pacific Northwest.

No comments: