Saturday, April 20, 2024

Tulip Time in the Pacific Northwest: Tulip Town

I was lucky and had 2 occasions to drive up to the Skagit Valley to appreciate the tulips last year at this exact time. It was so relaxing and so beautiful, I need to encourage you to jump in the car.

This post shows the photos when my friend Amy & I drove up to see Tulip Town. We looked around the grounds, and in the gift shop but the highlight was the hayride around the square field. 

I think I may need to print some photos of tulips and frame them for my kitchen; could there be a better way to add a touch of pink?

We had a great day to take photos and play hooky. I brought us cheese, apples & crackers to snack on in case we didn't find a place for lunch and that worked out perfectly. The traffic can be gridlocked during peak bloom and these are 2-lane country roads. It is best to have a snack along.
Isn't this wonderful? Has it been years since you drove up to see the tulips? If you time it right (maybe mid week?), I know you would love it.


No comments: