Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day. Today has long-been my favorite holiday. It all started in grade school when my summer birthday (Aug 20th) prompted me to adopt Valentine's Day as my "school party." Every year, my Mom & I brought in pink frosted cupcakes, paper napkins with hearts on them, and red heart lollipops for the Valentine's party at school. As I got older it evolved into a Valentine's party at my house. We all wore red, drank punch, played games and loved every minute of it. I remember placing heart-shaped red foil stickers on everything and everyone. You can see them on the cheeks of some of my friends. And there I am at the punch bowl, hostessing already. Please don't miss the fact that I am wearing magnetic heart earrings - remember those? So today is Valentine's Day and I wish that I could see those dear friends again for an afternoon of punch & cookies. Happy Valentine's Day, Love, Anne

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, our family will be having its traditional Valentines meal, heart shaped hamburgers accompanied by red jello. Nothin' but the finest. . .

A LOVEly day to all. . .

Anne Reeves said...

What a cute family dinner! Enjoy!

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

Anne, what a cute picture of you as a young hostess! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Anne Reeves said...

I had a great day. I visited my niece's 4th grade class and then came home and baked pink heart sugar cookies. Yum. Thanks, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I wish we could see those dear friends again too. If we do, the cookies are on Sue.
Love,
Sue & Denny Sheridan