Friday, February 8, 2008

Valentine's Day Party

Today at 4 o'clock, the Roseglen Garden Club (plus mothers & brothers) had our Valentine's Day Party. We ate heart-shaped cupcakes, drank cocoa and proclaimed our love courtesy of the conversation hearts. I decorated a few of the cupcakes with candied violets in honor of what brings us all together...the garden. I bought them in Paris and I knew the girls would flip when they took a bite and saw an actual petal encased in sugar. The agenda for our short meeting included a rose & rose cone update (they are working beautifully), plans for expanding our Garden Walk invitation list (tickets need to be distributed earlier) and a consensus that we were all looking forward to Spring in the garden. Nothing makes me happier than hearing 10-year-olds comment on foxglove and lavender. How did I ever get so lucky? Happy Day Six.

No comments: