Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hearts Abound

I have a weakness for food with a theme. During the Super Bowl, I'm the girl that buys the football-shaped cake at the grocery store. At Easter, I make "Jell-O beans." So needless to say, I am baking a lot of heart-shaped goodies this week. On Monday, dinner was heart-shaped corn bread and a bowl of chili. Last night, I made beautiful puff pastry hearts and layered them with vanilla pudding and sweet cherry pie filling and then dusted it with powdered sugar. Have you used frozen puff pastry sheets lately? They are amazing! Simply defrost, unfold and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter, then bake at 400* for 15 min. Next time I am going to switch the cherries for mini-chocolate chips. Yum. Happy Day Five of the 12 Days of Valentines Day.

No comments: