Monday, June 30, 2008

Fauchon Cookies

It may not be what Fauchon had in mind when designing their cookie tins, but could there be a prettier vase? I simply slide an empty jam jar inside and have an instant waterproof container for my peony arrangements.

I am trying something new this year. I read that you can "postpone" peony blossoms for over a month! The instructions were to clip buds that were about to open, dip the stems in wax, wrap completely in damp toweling and refrigerate. So right now I have about 12 "ladies in waiting" in my fridge downstairs that I prepared in May. I will try to make them bloom the week of July 7th. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Haust said...

It looks gorgeous! Your blog is very inspiring, by the way! :)

Hugs from Posidriv, Norway.

Anne Reeves said...

Thank you! I am so glad you are enjoying it. Keep commenting - it is fun for me to hear from all of you!