Friday, June 20, 2008

Strawberry Jam

My new favorite thing to make is strawberry jam. Ball's No Cook Freezer Jam Fruit Pectin works perfectly - you simply blend the envelope of pectin with 1 1/2 cups sugar, then add 4 cups of crushed fresh strawberries and stir for 3 minutes. 

Then ladle the jam into really cute jars and let stand for 30 minutes. I love these tulip jars by Weck's. I have made 2 batches in the last 10 days and between eating and gifting, they are almost gone! Go get yourself some beautiful June berries and give it a try. There is nothing quite like the taste of homemade jam on buttered toast in the morning. Enjoy!

2 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

My mouth is watering again!

Anne Reeves said...

Yea! It is SOOOOOO good. Plus I love to give away little jars of jam! A fun treat to share...