Thursday, March 1, 2012

March is In Like A Lamb

Have you heard the saying that March comes, "Comes in Like a Lamb and Goes Out Like a Lion" or vice versus?  One side of March is always dramatic.

Well this year the entire Winter has felt like a lamb.  It has been unseasonably warm, mild and practically snow-free.  It is just not right, and when I say right, I mean that it is not "okay with me." 

I like snow and cocoa and scarves and having to stay home and make soup because the weather is so bad.  I like Michigan Winters (although I am known for escaping to Florida for a week or two) but still!

What has really rattled me is that the U.S. Department of Agriculture has published the new plant hardiness zone map for 2012 and they have changed the zones.  They are now classifiying my area as Zone 6a!  This part of Michigan has been Zone 5 my entire life and now is has been reclassified as warmer based on weather trends and statistics.  Wow.  

So my question is...does this mean I can have a lemon tree now?

No comments: