Monday, August 5, 2013

Notre Dame Stained Glass in Paris

There is something about this photograph that I just love.  I was in Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, walking the inside perimeter with the other tourists, when I noticed that this window was open.  Did you ever imagine that a stained glass window could open?  I didn't!  

I stopped to take this photograph.  I can get lost in thought, staring at the colors, the light against dark and imagining the fresh air pouring into this historic and revered cathedral.

If you are intrigued by this photo and curious about Notre Dame, I would encourage you to explore the official website.  You can see a panoramic view, click to listen to Mass and Vespers (click televison and radio broadcast) and read all about the history of the cathedral. I could spend hours on this website.  It is fascinating...and free. Enjoy!

No comments: