Thursday, October 2, 2014

Seattle: The Dahlia Barn has Every Dahlia Tuber I Want

I absolutely adore dahlias and was so excited when I found out there was a dahlia farm "within reach" of where I was staying in Seattle. Dahlias start blooming in August and are prolific through October. I love them because so many of the petal styles look as if they are carved from wax.
I was able to meet the owners of The Dahlia Barn, Aimee and Jerry and see for myself how passionate they are about these magnificent plants. In my opinion, The Dahlia Barn is THE source for dahlia tubers and I encourage you to order some for your garden. I am impressed with their entire operation, including the detailed care and planting instructions they offer online. 
As someone who grows and cares for roses (which has its challenges), I am comfortable with the "plant in Spring; dig up in Fall" instructions that will keep my dahlia plants performing at their best. I can't wait to order a bevy of beauties this Winter, anticipating their shipment in the Spring. If you are in the Seattle (North Bend, Washington area) you can visit The Dahlia Barn beginning in May to shop for and buy your tubers in person.
It is wonderful to see a family farm thriving.
When dahlias are in season (mid August - mid October), The Dahlia Barn offers the heart-stopping choice of bulk cut flowers for weddings or events. I insist that you click here and see what a car full of dahlia bouquets looks like (scroll down the page). Dahlias are reason enough to plan a Fall wedding. Take a look at this 5-minute bouquet of red dahlias.

No comments: