Thursday, February 16, 2017

Top 100 Romantic Restaurants in USA: Montalcino Ristorante in Issaquah, WA

I knew I loved this place! I am happy to share that local gem, Montalcino Ristorante was named to Open Table's 2017 Top 100 most romantic restaurants in the United States

Do you use Open Table to make reservations and research dining options? I have relied on this company for years and love using their app to secure a table when the occasion arises.

After the monumental task of moving across the country, we have lived in our new home for just one month. When I thought about plans for Valentine's Day, I knew that we needed to go out for a lovely meal and toast our sucess.

The best meal I have had in years was at Montalcino Ristorante in Issaquah, so I used Open Table to made a reservation for the week of Valentine's Day.

We both ordered halibut in a herb-infused cream sauce. It was topped with a seared prawn and scallop was served with homemade risotto and roasted vegetables. Swoon. It was perfect. The sauce was delicious - flavored with a touch of lemon, a few capers and dose of Italian magic that makes something taste rich and complex.  We ate every bite of our generous meal and still had room to share a tiramisu. Eyelashes flutter.

The candles, the acoustic singer (who doesn't want to hear Volare sung in Italian?), the touch of dessert wine provided at the end of the meal - it all felt authentic and wonderful. 

Good job, Open Table, you are on point. I too highly recommend Montalcino Ristorante for a romantic dinner just 20 min East of Seattle. 

No comments: