Monday, September 17, 2007

Dreaming of Paris

Mark my words. Someday I will take a cooking class from Patricia Wells. She hosts a week long class in the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Près on the Left Bank. 

The class is described as a movable feast and includes shopping the Paris markets for fresh produce, cheese, bread etc.

Patricia Wells wrote the Food Lover's Guide to Paris, 4th edition - a necessary travel tool with an unrivaled French/English food glossary, a wide range of restaurant options, and a way to approach & appreciate French cuisine. 

In honor of my dream of cooking in Paris, I am posting a photograph of a cheese shop that I took one Easter morning while I was there. We were walking to church very early and saw this shopkeeper lovingly arranging his selection. The glass gleamed.

No comments: