Monday, March 3, 2008

The Blue Room

I call my decorating style "Swedish Beach House." I love plate racks, painted furniture and oval back chairs. I also love the soothing colors of the sea...shades of blue, sea glass & sand. I referred to my display of Spode "Blue Room" china yesterday and I wanted to show you how it turned out. The blue wall is actually wallpapered to look like paint - it shows a grain as if it was painted with a stiff brush and I love it. I have been collecting these dishes for years, but what "makes" this display is a series of Dutch houses made of paper and filled with candy. They do not have any markings on them, but I distinctly remember the packaging boasting that they had won an award in design. My own little paper neighborhood...

2 comments:

Carol P said...

I love these little boxes. They look vaguely familiar. Do you know what kind of candy came in them?

Anne Reeves said...

Hi Carol. Thanks! Two different colors of taffy/caramel were wrapped inside. I must confess that I never ate any of them (gasp!), I needed the candy to weigh down the box and keep them from tipping over. I bought them at least 8 years ago...