Thursday, November 20, 2008

Laundry Day

How many people really love their laundry room? I do! It is a tiny room right off the family room (which means it is in plain sight of any company when the door is ajar) so I did I few extra things to make it cute. I covered the walls with Laura Ashley check wallpaper and hung a Ballard Designs shelf over the washer & dryer. Can you see how the lidded dish matches the wallpaper? I was invited to a team-building event at a paint-your-own-pottery place one year. I thought to myself, if I'm going to have this chance to make custom pottery, I'd better make it good! So I modeled the color and spacing off a scrap of my wallpaper and it has been enhancing "laundry day" ever since.

4 comments:

LillyB said...

This is awesome! You did a great job with the pottery matching!! If we must do laundry at least you have a beautiful area to do it in!!
Have loads of fun!! I want a sign that says "Ironing $200.00 a piece"
Have a great day!!

Anne Reeves said...

I should have titled this "loads of fun!" Good call. I hope you have a great day too.

MmeBenaut said...

It is indeed awesome, especially the self made pottery to complement the wallpaper. You are an absolute whizz, Anne.
I had a conversation about MB this morning about our laundry situation. At the moment the washing machine and a series of cords strung for a line are on the balcony. I want to remodel our bathroom, take out the bath and just have a shower and a washer/dryer where the bath is, with a shelf over the top. You've given me some wonderful ideas, especially since I wanted to redecorate the bathroom anyway. I do love it the way it is, but it's looking a bit "tired".

As for ironing - I'd like $200 a piece too!

Anne Reeves said...

I think consolidating the bath/laundry makes a lot of sense. One room where you can maximize the clean. I keep our powder detergent in a glass lidded jar (where you might keep flour or pickles witha lift off lid) with a metal scoop inside. It looks clean, snowy white - better than an orange box of Tide! You might want that on your washer.