Friday, December 21, 2012

Color and Christmas

I have found a kindred spirit in Lance's Aunt Pam.  She is an artist who loves two of my favorite things: Color and Christmas.  Her house is a showplace and her Christmas displays are meant to be seen.  I am grateful that she lets me take a few photos to share with you.

This spectacular (and I mean spectacular) tree is decorated with 300-400 vintage ornaments displayed against the kiwi green kitchen walls.  

The tree itself is a 6-ft German/Vienna twig tree (I want one!) that has sturdy, open branches that allow ornaments to be hung all the way in toward the trunk.  This results in a completely decorated tree - not only from top to bottom, but from tip to trunk- and the effect is stunning.  
If Marie Antoinette commissioned a Christmas tree, this would be it.

No comments: