Monday, November 13, 2017

Seattle: Queen Mary Tea Room Triumph

I found a wonderful place to have lunch with my mom in Seattle. We were out and about last week and found ourselves near the U-district (shopping area near University of Washington) when I remembered that I'd read about a tea room in the area. What if I could find it and we could get in? Fingers crossed...

The Queen Mary Tea Room and Restaurant was all that I could have hoped for. The hostess was able to take our coats and seat us right away. The restaurant was cozy and their incredible inventory of tea and tea-related gifts provided a beautiful backdrop for a ladies lunch.
We both ordered the Chicken Pot Pie that is served with an organic green salad. 

I always wince a little in a tea room, because more often than not, the kitchen relies on tarragon to elevate their chicken dishes. It never works. 

Let me say that Queen Mary's Tea Room serves the best Chicken Pot Pie I have ever had. The sauce was delicious, but not too rich. The seasoning was light and flavorful perfect for the white meat chicken, carrots and peas. The puff pastry was pretty, delicate and felt like a luxurious touch on a rainy afternoon. It was worth every penny and we ate every bite.

I look forward to indulging in their afternoon tea service; I feel certain that I will enjoy a long conversation over some beautiful food.

No comments: