Sunday, November 5, 2017

Target: Magnolia Collection Hearth and Hand

I was there and saw the new Hearth & Hand with Magnolia collection at Target within hours of the store opening. I am thankful for the laid back attitude in Seattle. Back in Michigan, there would have been a line outside the store at 7 am and the items would have flown off the shelves before I could get a decent picture for you. I am a huge fan of Joanna and Chip Gaines and their modern farm house world called Magnolia Market thanks to my cousin, Carol, who pointed me to their HGTV show, Fixer Upper.
The collection is available online too, but I wanted to show you how it is displayed in store. The collection is based on black, white, galvanized tin and shades of green. There are greenhouse-like iron frames in the shape of a house (a design echoed throughout the collection) to call attention to the area and the customers were happily picking up pieces and placing them in their carts. It was very quiet, like we realized how lucky we were that we had the place all to ourselves.
There was a tabletop section of stoneware dishes in white, grey and black. Drinking glasses, silverware and wooden serving pedestals. It all looked true to Joanna's design aesthetic and seeing all of the pieces that work together, I felt happy for her. Like "she did it," she scaled her vision in an accessible and affordable way - no easy feat.

The prices are reasonable, the designs are new and interesting (definitely Modern Farmhouse) and the quality is there. You can be proud to buy and give items from this collection.

There were quite a few holiday items in Hearth and Home. Wreaths, ornaments and a cool tin advent calendar that looks like the one I have in my collection - buy it! It looks beautiful tucked full of holly sprigs and treasures.

I bought a candle in a galvanized tin holder, because I love that Joanna always has a candle burning in the Fixer Upper during the reveals. 

I bought a brass bell ornament engraved with 2017 to commemorate when I moved into my hearth and home.

My cousin and I are trying to visit Waco this spring - a weekend getaway where we can talk and laugh and eat cupcakes, just like when we were 12. I can't wait. Thanks, Chip & Joanna Gaines, for creating a destination and Good Job on your partnership with Target! 

#magnolia #hearthandhand #joannagaines #target #holidayshopping 

No comments: