Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bradford Pear

More than 10 years ago, when our neighborhood was doing the main landscaping plan, I brought a picture with me to the meeting and chimed in "Bradford Pear" every chance I got. As a result, a ring of 5 trees were planted in the cul-de-sac by my house and they are spectacular.

One Saturday afternoon the "Garden Club Girls" ran into our backyard asking for me and proclaiming, "It's an emergency!" Knowing that their Mothers were nearby and that no one looked hurt, my husband asked, "Girls...Is something blooming?"
"Yes!" they shouted.
It was the Bradford Pears.

2 comments:

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

I've got one in my front yard and it just bloomed the other day. Love the scent!

Anne Reeves said...

Yea! Can you see the little pink centers - gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by!