Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wisteria

My wisteria has outdone itself this year. Loaded with lily-scented blooms that hang like bunches of grapes, the effect is magnificent. It's probably the one time I would use the verb "cascade" without being overly dramatic.
Last Summer, one of the Garden Club girls showed me a drawing she had done. She pointed to the part of the page that was light purple, looked at me and said that she had used the (heavy emphasis) "Wisteria" crayon. She wanted to make sure that I knew she understood why that crayon is called wisteria. Mother Nature would be proud.

2 comments:

Libby said...

How beautiful!! Wisteria has always been one of my many favorites.

Libby

Anne Reeves said...

Thanks, Libby. I am particularly happy that I have a new flat vase to display them (as shown) on a plate rack. The long narrow vase structure is perfect for the long blooms.